Redefining Art & Design- Vogue Institute of Art & Design
The institute to define Design with innovations, the Vogue Institute of Art & Design creates hopes and stands unique to turn dreams into designs in the aspiring students of Art and Design. In the post covid phase when the dreams of studying design and Fashion in the Foreign Universities lay with doubts and distant dreams, The Vogue Institute is a hope to many. Vogue Institute of Art & Design has created a niche for itself as a professional Art & Design institute in the realm of design education.
Vogue Institute of Art and Design was established in 1996. The institute has grown rapidly under his guidance and has been ranked among the top institutes in the country. The campus is located in Apparel Park which is a star project of Karnataka government, presently housing more than 70 other mega industries from apparel sector which encourages interface at all levels of designing to merchandising, interaction with industry experts on a day to day basis & hands on knowledge & ultimate placements are a complete package for holistic development.
Dr. M.M. Kariappa- Founder and Chairman of Vogue Institute of Art & Design and Dr Kariappa Institute of Art and Design Management is a visionary in the field of art, fashion and design with a strong desire to redefine art and design education in the country. Dr M.M. Kariappa is a post-graduate diploma in Environmental Engineering in the School of Engineering Studies under Defence Research Development Organization by Ministry of Defence, Government of India. At the age of 33, Dr Kariappa pursued his dream and established Vogue Institute of Art & Design. With his sharp insights and consistent efforts, Vogue Institute of Art and Design became the best design institutes in South India region with an honorary award from India’s Education Excellence Awards 2018.
Dr Kariappa was awarded the Honorary Doctorate from Indian Virtual University for Peace and Foundation, Niti Aayog, Planning Commission, Government of India for his outstanding contribution in the field of art, design and technology. Dr Kariappa is a philanthropist that has frequently contributed to various social organizations. He has made tremendous efforts towards evolving the landscape of art and design education in the last 2 decades and intends to expand the horizon of the institution in the upcoming years.
The Vogue Institute of Art & Design has one of finest art and design campuses in the country with undergraduate and post-graduate programs in the field of Interiors Designing, Fashion Designing, Gems and Jewellery, Animation and Graphic Designing. Under the management programs, the institute offers courses like infrastructure management, fashion retail management, merchant designing, and more. The institute is the first to initiate a degree program in fashion designing in the year 1999 with Bengaluru University. All the courses at Vogue Institute of Art and Design are affiliated to Bengaluru North University.
The college campus has state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities with a library, laboratories, amphitheatre, auditorium and more. The faculty members practice advanced training methods to stimulate student’s learning interest and ensure growth of the student. The institute nurtures its students to be design professionals with a global outlook, creative thinking and socially responsible. Since the institute is located in Apparel Park, this gives an added advantage for the students to gain regular interaction and exposure with the industry and ultimately helps them in gaining more placement opportunities.
- Vogue Institute of Art and Design consistently work towards building a strong ecosystem for their students and shaping their future.
- Vogue Institute of Art & Design has organized events that are one-of-a-kind. Vogue Institute of Art & Design’s most sought after annual property– Vogue Mystique Designer Awards has been organized every year since its inception. The students are given a strong platform to showcase their creativity at its best among eminent officials and celebrities in the industry.
- Multiple industrial visits and path-breaking workshops with industry experts are provided to the students every year
- In this age of globalization, Vogue Institute of Art & Design explores opportunities across borders to expand the dynamics of academics for its students through collaborations with international universities. Vogue Institute of Art & Design endeavours to give the students as integrated an education as possible. The institute successfully entered its 24th year of academic excellence this 2020. During the past 24 years, the institute has expanded the dynamics of its curriculum offerings. From having an active placement team, to organizing path-breaking events, providing integrated education programs, to enhancing out of classroom experiences, the training approach has been more holistic for the students. Today, the institute affirms that the education programs are bridging the gap between the industry and education system through its skill development programs. The programs are designed to shape the students for their careers by offering industry exposures through industry visits and workshops by experts drawn from the industry. At Vogue, the faculty provides a fine blend of theory with a practical outlook. The institute works towards redefining the nuances of fashion, comprehension of art and building new approaches to design thinking.
The Vogue Institute of Art and Design collaborates with 3 renowned international universities.
1. The institute has collaborated with University of Sunderland, UK, an innovative, forward thinking British University which has high standards of teaching, research and support
2. Vogue Institute has collaborated with Accademia Costume & Moda, Italy which is among the top 3 fashion schools in the world for its undergraduate and graduate courses in Fashion Design within the prestigious global ranking The Best Fashion Schools in the World 2019” by The Business of Fashion (BoF)
3. Vogue Institute has collaborated with De Montfort University, UK which offers more than 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate, many of which offer professional accreditations, links to industry or work experience.
The institute aims to expand its presence in the next 5 years. Vogue Institute of Art & Design also aims to expand its array of courses offered to students in the coming years
The institute covers a whole spectrum of activities in the realm of Fashion and Textiles, Design and Management, to develop Design Professionals with a dynamic global outlook, a sense of social responsibility, critical and creative thinking. They support job needs professionally, focused with the required input in terms of Design, Technology and Marketing directions. They provide innovative teaching methodologies and practices to further enhance learning and teaching to implement outcome-based learning and teaching, to provide a state-of-the-art environment that stimulates students’ learning interests.
Vogue institute is the first to initiate a degree program in fashion designing in the year 1999 with Bengaluru University. In 2018, with the growing demand for higher education in the design landscape, Vogue expanded its realm and launched Dr Kariappa School of Art and Design Management. The institute launched with an aim to introduce post graduate diploma management courses for undergraduate students who planned to pursue higher education in the design landscape from an accredited source as there were no institutes offering post-graduation in this domain in the country. DKS Business School became the first college in India to introduce Post Graduation Diploma courses in design management approved by AICTE, recognized by Government of India.
Indeed, the institute stands different and unique in shaping the career of the passionate students of Art, Fashion and Design. The varied opportunities create a plethora of platforms wherein the students can explore and experiment their talents thus securing their future in this domain.
Beginup expresses heartfelt gratitude for giving us a glimpse of this wonderful and enlightening temple of knowledge.
We wish all the very best for all their future endeavours!